Thursday, January 31, 2008

Stop The Traffik


I had hoped to have my post up earlier than this, but I have had issues with Blogger, as well as the computer. It resulted in me just giving up for a while and taking a nap. With that behind me and the technical items all in a row and working with me instead against me.......... here we go.


Have you ever given much thought to what has happened to all of these people that you hear about that just seems to disappear into thin air? One minute they are there living their lives as usual and the next minute *Poof* they are gone. There are some that you hear about on the news that have disappeared and weeks or months later their bodies are found. It sickens me to think of how crimes against the innocent seems to be growing at such an alarming rate.


Now think about those that are never heard about or from again. There are some that have the resources to keep the disappearance of their loved ones in the news media. Seldom though does it do any good. I am talking about those that are abducted and swiftly moved into the horror of Human Traffiking.


Again, as I was visiting Drunk On Barley today, I read David's post on this very subject. The statistics for this is mind boggling. In 14 short days it is hoped that a declaration will be presented to the United Nations with one million names on it. One million people declaring that
People Trafficking is wrong. One million people taking a stand and saying that they support STOP THE TRAFFIK in its call to: Prevent The Sale of People, Prosecute The Traffickers and
Protect The Victims.




You can help by going to the STOP THE TRAFFIK web site and adding your name to the declaration. Another way to help is to grab this graphic and add it to your blog. If one million names are to be collected, the word needs to spread. The best way I know to do that is through bloggers like us. Please point as many people as you can to this declaration. Let's All Stand Up And Be Counted. Let's All Be Heard And .............. STOP THE TRAFFIK!




7 comments:

Mary said...

Jo,

Human trafficking seems to be going on in every country of the world. I pray that something can be done. Thanks for reminding us to use our voice.

Thanks so much for stopping by and commenting on my blog. Today was beautiful but we are now under a severe weather warning. I too hope for an early spring.

Blessings,
Mary

Diane@Diane's Place said...

Thanks, I need a cup of that hot coffee right now. You can get a cup at my place next time you come by, okay? ;o)

Modern day traffiking and slavery is one of those things that seem to be mostly "out of sight, out of mind". Especially for those of us privileged enough that it's never touched us personally.

I'm going to check out that site and see about adding the button to my sidebar. Thanks, Jo.

Hope your Friday is a good one. ;o)

Love and hugs,

Diane

Carole Burant said...

There are times I wish I could disappear...but not that way! lol Seriously, it IS very disheartening to hear that people trafficking is alive and well. The government certainly does need to do something about it and it has to start with all of us declaring a war against it! I will go visit that site now!! xox

Shelley said...

Great informational post! Very useful. Thanks for sharing. Your blog sure looks pretty.

Unknown said...

I can never get enough of your blog Jo. Seriously. A welcome stop for any internet traveller I thing!

So yes. Thanks for spreading the word on this one. As we arise within the awareness of the statistics which highlight these horrific events, we can begin to make the world a happier place for all.

Thanks again.

Hope you and the family are well!

julia said...

i am ALWAYS a fan of a nap-- ;-)

julia said...

i am ALWAYS a fan of a nap-- ;-)