Thursday, April 24, 2008

Mysti and Mike both tagged me for this meme.

Rules of the game:

- Link to the person who tagged you.- Post their rules on your blog.
- Write six random things about yourself.
- Tag six random people by linking to their blogs.
- Let each of the six know they’ve been tagged by leaving them a comment (on their blogs).
- Let your tagger know when your entry is up.


6 Completely random facts about me:

  1. Easter fell on my first birthday (April 9, 1950) and in 59 years has never fallen on it again. According to an old almanac I read once, Easter will fall on my birthday again when I am in my 70s.
  2. I am 1/4 Cherokee and have tried to instill some of the Native American ways of living into my children and now into my grandchildren. We are, but visitors in this world and should treat the gifts we have been given with care and respect. We should walk softly on our journey through life so the beauty of mother earth is still here for future generations to enjoy.
  3. I believe that we are visited by aliens (and not the kind that come from Mexico illegally). I find it difficult to believe that in this big universe with all the other planets out there, that our planet would be the only one that is inhabited by people and animals. Of course there is the scientific view point that people could not exist on this planet or that planet for one reason or another. Perhaps 'WE' couldn't exist there, but who is to say that there isn't a life form that can actually exist out there?
  4. I have smoked the biggest part of my life, but was able to lay the cigarettes down and walk away from them on June 15th of last year. I was able to do this with thanks to the help of a Rx called Chantix and the love and support of my family. The only time I feel the desire for a cigarette is when I am under a lot of stress and when I think of how much weight I have gained. The weight gain isn't all due to kicking the habit, most of it is due to other meds that I am taking.
  5. I feel closer to God right here in our mountain top home at the edge of the woods with all the sounds of nature wrapped around me, than any place else on earth.
  6. There are few music styles that I dislike. My musical tastes are wide and varied. The only "Music" that I just can not stand to listen to is Rap music or music that is more screaming and yelling than there is actually music.

Now you know six random things about me. I don't think I will actually tag anyone for this because it has made it around the block a few time. Let me say though that if there is anyone that has not done this one and would like to share six ramdom things about yourself with us please do so and let me know so I can come and read it.

~* ~

I have put a couple of doctor's visits behind me this month. Yesterday I had an appointment with our family doctor as a check-up. He has been adjusting one of the medications he has me on for fibromyalga (Elivil) and has me where he thinks he wants me for a while. Which translates to 'I don't have to see him again for 3 months'. My Rheumotologist has started me on Neurontin for the fibromyalgia. He knows that I am taking the Elivil and doesn't see a problem with me taking both. I can't say much for either or both of them helping with the pain, but they sure do help me sleep. I have been sleeping until 7:30 or 8:00 most every morning. That is a lot of "zzzzzzzzzzzzs" for someone that not more than a month ago was up every morning between 4:30 to 5:30 after fighting to try and sleep all night. We will just have to take it one day at a time and go from there. Next week I am to adjust the dosage on the Neurontin to taking two a day instead of just the one. That may bring about some pain relief.

~*~

Tomorrow promises to be a busy day. Of course the first part of the day is Seth Day. I received a call from our Amy yesterday saying that she would be home from Kentucky for the day so we are meeting her and Frank after 4:00 for some catch up time. At 7:00 we will meet Tersie and go to watch Britt perform in her Drama Club play. That will be a full day for us. I need to be sure to put the camera where we won't forget to take it with us.

I don't want to waste away such a beautiful day so I am going to sign off for now. Have a beautiful blessed day. ~Jo

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tis a beautiful day her, but I see the sky graying up like it might rain later...wouldn't hurt anything, I guess!

Hope you have a nice visit!♥

Diane@Diane's Place said...

I just brewed a pot of coffee so I have a steaming cup to enjoy as I read and comment. :o)

We have a lot in common, especially the music.

Hope your meds help with your symptoms, and soon. I'm not taking anything for my arthritis right now, but I sure wish I could find something that helped with the pain that I could tolerate.

Have a great rest of your week, and enjoy your Seth day, Jo.

Love and hugs,

Diane

Tracy said...

Congrats on giving up smoking! That is a huge deal. I to feel closest to God when i am surrounded by his beauty. I am happy for you that you live in such a gorgeous place where you can be close to him daily. :)
Thank you for doing the meme. :) I feel one learns a lot about another through them. :)

I hope you have a blessed weekend.

Mike Golch said...

glad that you gave up smoking.
thanks for posting these things I have learned a little more about you.

Gene Bach said...

Hey there Jo. Nice to read your "random facts". You remember the suggestion you put on my post asking for poem ideas? Well, come visit my blog...your poem awaits you!

Prixie said...

very interesting...;p

Connie said...

"Come on Let's Chat" picture is just so adorable. It looks a bit like a Kincaide's painting, but I wondered if it was a picture you took ?
You must be excited about a "little one" about to join your family. It is so much fun with the grandchildren.
My oldest is graduating from college in a week and sometimes think she is mine. I guess we relive our past through the kids. Congratulations on your news!!
I will be waiting to hear......