Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Happy Anniversay!!

Today is our eighth wedding anniversary.
J.D. and I both agree that it doesn't seem like we have been married any where near eight years. Since the day that J.D. walked into my life I have been experiencing what true love and happiness is all about.


When we decided that we were going to get married and spend the rest of our lives together we needed to then decide where we would get married. At the time we were living in SW Louisiana. J.D.'s earliest years of life was spent in Columbia, Louisiana. He had so many fond memories of his childhood and friendships that he had back then. I wanted to tie our wedding day into those wonderful memories that he had when he thought of Columbia.

After agreeing on the where, I got busy and made arrangements for a Justice Of Peace to marry us. J.D.'s niece by marriage, Sharon Jones and one of his childhood friends who still lived in Columbia, Don Gregory were our witnesses. It had rained all night the night before, but on the day of our wedding the sun was shining and the sky was that beautiful color of blue that you can only find in Louisiana, filled with fluffy white clouds. It was on the river walk of the Ouachita River in Columbia, Louisiana that J.D. and I promised each other our love, devotion and loyalty for the rest of our lives.

We were even fashionably late for our wedding. April 2nd was the first Sunday of the month, as well as the day the clocks were to spring ahead by one hour. We hadn't even given that a thought. Fortunately the Justice of Peace and Don figured that we had forgotten about the time change and waited for us.

I would be telling you a lie if I were to say that we live our lives here on the mountain with never a cross word or disagreement between us. We have a few little disagreements and from time to time. One or the other of us (usually me because I am too tender hearted) will get our feelings hurt, but the important thing is that we love each other enough to not let these little things fester and become big problems. I think J.D. would agree with me when I say that it is always important to be considerate of each other in all that we do.

I look forward to each new day that we have together. J.D. is not only the love of my life, but also my best friend. Since the day that we met, we seem to be so in tune with each other that if one of us thinks it the other can say it in most cases. On more than one occasion J.D. has told me that I scare him...lol

I am so glad that God's plan included our spending the rest of our lives together. I am truly 'Blessed'.

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY BABY!

12 comments:

smilnsigh said...

A very, very Happy Anniversary.

And a very, very lovely entry.

Mari-Nanci
Smilnsigh
Photos-City-Mine
Noir et blanc

violetlady said...

Happy, happy anniversary Jo and JD. Celebrate sweetly.

Judypatooote said...

Happy Anniversary......Love is in the Air.....enjoy each other....

Linds said...

Happy Anniversary to both of you. The love just flows from your words, Jo!

Tracy said...

Happy Anniversary to both you and J.D. :) Hope your day is not only filled with love but memories you can look back on.

Aisha said...

Yey, Jo! Happy Anniversary! I'm so happy for you both! I pray God will continue to bless your relationship with JD. It's so nice to spend life with someone you love and loves you...

K-Dubyah said...

Yes, Truly blessed you both are...

Happy Anniversary and many more.

Julie said...

Happy anniversary to you both -- a day late.

Mike Golch said...

Jo and J.D. congrats on haveing each other for 8 years. And yess the time does not seem to be that long.Celestine and I shared our 28th wedding anaversary on March first of the great year.and yes she is my best freind ad well as my wife.
As with you and J.D.our marriage was a blessing.

Hope said...

Hi Jo,
Happy (belated) Anniversay to you and JD! I enjoyed reading about your wedding. So funny that you were late because of the time change! I wish you both many, many more wonderful years together!
Dave and I will be married 4 years in Oct. I'll have to post about our unique wedding when that anniversary comes! :O)

Hugs,
Hope

Connie said...

dear Jo--

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! You sound so happy and content. It is so important to consider your spouse a good friend as well as a good husband.
All good wishes for many, many more.

julia said...

So excellent! i'm glad you could find the love of your life! Way to go, Sissy Jo.