Monday, April 21, 2008

Meaningful Monday

One of the greatest gifts given to us is
THE GIFT OF CHOICE

~LOVE~

We can choose to believe that we are unlovable
because of a past that is clouded by another's
unloving words and actions.

~JOY~

We can choose to suffer the depression
which has followed us into adult life.
We can continue to believe
that every bad thing that has ever
happened to us is our own fault,
merely because we were taught
at an early age that this was true.

~PEACE~

We can choose to constantly struggle
with the memories of abuse
and mistreatment.

~PATIENCE~
We can choose to give up all hope
for a brighter tomorrow because
the journey there takes too long.

~KINDNESS~

We can choose to lash out at others
because of the unkindness we have known.

~GOODNESS~

We can choose to believe that there
is no goodness in the world
and live our lives accordingly.

~FAITHFULNESS~
We can choose to be unfaithful
to those who have put trust in us.
We can choose to justify this by,
believing that trust is always broken.

~GENTLENESS~

We can choose to be forceful,
demanding, and violent because
that is how we were raised.


~SELF-CONTROL~

We can choose to loose control
and strike out at anyone that
gets in the way of all our other choices,
be they right or wrong.


~OR~

We can choose to look at the sunrise
of each new day as a promise.
The promise of new beginnings.
A new beginning that will not
allow the pain and problems of the
past to rule the present.

YOUR DAY
YOUR CHOICE
© 2000 Jo Riley Dupree

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this post!!!

You have a true talent my friend!!

Just beautiful!!♥

Unknown said...

Thank You, Dear Ya~Ya Sister. It all comes from the heart and having been there and done that once upon a lifetime.

Mike Golch said...

Jo,Thank you for the powerful message,what else can I say?

Now for some business,TAG YOU ARE IT!Come on over and see what I tagged you for.

Mike Golch said...

Jo I did not see that Mysti had tagged you as well as JD.if I had you would not of had a duplication tag.sorry about that. I do like the music that you added to your site.

Shelley said...

What beautiful photos and message. They take my breath away! Hugs.

Hootin Anni said...

Jo:
Absolutely BEAUTIFUL post! I'm sure glad you stopped by my blog so I could drop by to meet you. I love everything I've seen and read this morning.

Excellent.

Tracy said...

What a powerful message. Ty

OH and i love the amazing grace you have in your music picks! How Wonderful.

K-Dubyah said...

Jo,

I'm asking for permission to "steal" your words. Most eloquently spoken....

Aisha said...

I really love the photos of nature! They're just amazing. Makes a person feel calm.