Monday, April 14, 2008

Are You Ready?

In honor of Tax Day tomorrow I thought I would post this little poem that was sent to me a while ago.At first I thought this was funny...
then I realized the awful truth of it.

Tax his land,
Tax his bed,
Tax the table
At which he's fed.
Tax his tractor,
Tax his mule,
Teach him taxes
Are the rule.

Tax his cow,
Tax his goat,
Tax his pants,
Tax his coat.

Tax his ties,
Tax his shirt,
Tax his work,
Tax his dirt

Tax his tobacco,
Tax his drink,
Tax him if he
Tries to think.

Tax his cigars,
Tax his beers,
If he cries,
Then tax his tears.

Tax his car,
Tax his gas,
Find other ways
To tax his ass.

Tax all he has
Then let him know
That you won't be done
Till he has no dough.

When he screams and hollers,
Then tax him some more,
Tax him till
He's good and sore.

Then tax his coffin,
Tax his grave,
Tax the sod in
Which he's laid.

Put these words
Upon his tomb,
"Taxes drove me
to my doom..."

When he's gone,
Do not relax,
Its time to apply
The inheritance tax.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now here is something to ponder....

Accounts Receivable Tax

Building Permit Tax

CDL license Tax

Cigarette Tax

Corporate Income Tax

Dog License Tax

Excise Taxes

Federal Income Tax

Federal Unemployment Tax (FUTA)

Fishing License Tax

Food License Tax

Fuel Permit Tax

Gasoline Tax (42 cents per gallon)

Gross Receipts Tax

Hunting License Tax

Inheritance Tax

Inventory Tax

IRS Interest Charges

IRS Penalties (tax on top of Tax)

Liquor Tax

Luxury Taxes

Marriage License Tax

Medicare Tax

Personal Property Tax

Property Tax

Real Estate Tax

Service Charge Tax

Social Security Tax

Road Usage Tax

Sales Tax

Recreational Vehicle Tax

School Tax

State Income Tax

State Unemployment Tax (SUTA)

Telephone Federal Excise Tax

Telephone Federal Universal Service Fee Tax

Telephone Federal, State and Local Surcharge Taxes

Telephone Minimum Usage Surcharge Tax

Telephone Recurring and Non-recurring Charges Tax

Telephone State and Local Tax

Telephone Usage Charge Tax

Utility Taxes

Vehicle License Registration Tax

Vehicle Sales Tax

Watercraft Registration Tax

Well Permit Tax

Workers Compensation Tax


Not one of these taxes existed 100 years ago, and our nation was the most prosperous in the world. We had absolutely no national debt, had the largest middle income group in the world, and Mom stayed home to raise the kids. What the heck happened?Repeat after me: "politicians?" And, on top of that, we still have to "press 1" for English!!!

9 comments:

Miss Notesy said...

It's really shocking isn't it? I sure would like to keep a lot more of my own money...

Shelley said...

YIKES!! Everyone has to have a piece of the pie. I think a lot of it, Jo..is that we finance a lot of people who just don't work for a living. :-( Good o'l Days is right!

Mike Golch said...

May I point out something? this great country was out of debt,when the womanizing president clinton left office.the next guy in the white hous ran the debt so high that our grand childern will be paying off that debt.

Hope said...

That is really something to think about when you see it all written out and lumped together! We just sorta take it all in stride, pay it and go on! To the last statement all I can say is, "Amen"!

I hope all is well with you today, Jo!

Love and Hugs,
Hope

Linds said...

When we look at what all the tax is spent on, it is enough to make the world weep.Here too.

Judypatooote said...

You just can't win with taxes.. I just sent mine in, I had to pay $644. to IRS and guess how much I will get back with that special stim. tax...$600....so it isn't helping me any....so many things have changed in this world...you have to watch every word you say, or else you'll be on the news.

Prixie said...

oh boy...damn that taxman

Prixie said...

oh i like the new look blog ;p

Tracy said...

I am just so thankful taxes are done in my house! woohooo. :) Your post does make one think about how much is being taxed.