Monday, February 11, 2008

Meaningful Monday


Two Wolves

One evening an old Cherokee told his grandson

about a battle that goes on inside people.

He said, "My son, the battle is between two wolves inside us all.

One is Evil.

It is anger, envy, jealousy, hatred,

greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment

inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego.

The other is Good.

It is joy, peace, love, hope,

serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence,

empathy, generosity, truth, compassion, and faith."

The grandson thought about it for a minute

and then asked his grandfather, "Which wolf wins?"

The old Cherokee simply replied,
"The one you feed."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

3 comments:

smilnsigh said...

I've heard that story before, but it's worth re-reading.

Except.

-sigh-

I love wolves and I am sorry to see them used so many times, in a .... you know.... scary way.

Oh well... No one ever said all was fair in life. :-)

Mari-Nanci

julia said...

Good story--with having the flu and stuff right now, i'm wanting to feed the grumpy wolf/dog/cat/emu inside me.

Aisha said...

This is really true. :) I like this story, Jo.
Thanks for visiting my blog and adding me, I added you to my blogroll also.