Tuesday, June 10, 2008
Pineapple Up~Side Down Cake
After the post of Tersie's Birthday Dinner, I had a few request for my Pineapple Up~Side Down Cake recipe. It is a recipe that is quick to make and I understand it is a wonderfully tasty cake. I mustered up all of the will power I could find and fought off my sweet tooth temptations and didn't even taste the finished product. A note of caution here...... This is not a diabetic friendly recipe. ~Enjoy
2 cups packed light brown sugar
1 1/2 sticks butter
1 can sliced pineapple, Save juice for later
1 tsp. vanilla
1 c. white sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
1 1/2 c. flour
1/4 tsp. salt
1. Using a 10 inch round Iron skillet, melt the butter over low heat. Remove from heat and mix in the brown sugar.
2. Place 8 slices of pineapple with the butter and brown sugar mixture.
3. In a large bowl, separate the eggs. Beat the egg yolks until lightly fluffy. Add 1/2 cup pineapple juice, white sugar and vanilla. Mix until sugar is dissolved.
4. Sift baking powder, flour, and salt. Combine well. Beat egg whites until stiff then fold into the egg yolk mixture.
5. Add this mixture to the butter, pineapple, and sugar mixture.
6. Bake at 350F for 35 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes, then turn upside down onto a plate
7. Place a maraschino cherry in the middle of each pineapple slice.