Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Pineapple Up~Side Down Cake





After the post of Tersie's Birthday Dinner, I had a few request for my Pineapple Up~Side Down Cake recipe. It is a recipe that is quick to make and I understand it is a wonderfully tasty cake. I mustered up all of the will power I could find and fought off my sweet tooth temptations and didn't even taste the finished product. A note of caution here...... This is not a diabetic friendly recipe. ~Enjoy




Ingredients:

2 cups packed light brown sugar
1 1/2 sticks butter
1 can sliced pineapple, Save juice for later
maraschino cherries
3 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
1 c. white sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
1 1/2 c. flour
1/4 tsp. salt

Directions:

1. Using a 10 inch round Iron skillet, melt the butter over low heat. Remove from heat and mix in the brown sugar.

2. Place 8 slices of pineapple with the butter and brown sugar mixture.

3. In a large bowl, separate the eggs. Beat the egg yolks until lightly fluffy. Add 1/2 cup pineapple juice, white sugar and vanilla. Mix until sugar is dissolved.

4. Sift baking powder, flour, and salt. Combine well. Beat egg whites until stiff then fold into the egg yolk mixture.

5. Add this mixture to the butter, pineapple, and sugar mixture.

6. Bake at 350F for 35 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes, then turn upside down onto a plate

7. Place a maraschino cherry in the middle of each pineapple slice.

~Jo

11 comments:

Tracy said...

Oh Yummmmmm. Ok copying this down. :) thanks for sharing.

violetlady said...

Thank you, Jo. My husband is going to love this.

farmlady said...

Oh my gosh! That looks good. I will try this one. I like that you add the beaten egg whites separately.

Diabetes stinks doesn't it.

Diane@Diane's Place said...

I use the same recipe, Jo. I haven't made this in several years now. I might have to make it sometime soon. Of course I'm trying to eat healthier but I may have to fall off the wagon temporarily....

Love and hugs,

Diane

Carole Burant said...

Gosh, I haven't had pineapple upside down cake in ages! I use to also do one with peaches. Thank you so much for sharing your recipe...I don't think I'd have the willpower you have, I'd be eating a piece! lol xoxo

Betty said...

This cake looks good enough to eat, tee hee. And the recipe sounds like it would be easy to make. Thank you for sharing your recipe.

Betty said...

Jo, if you'll check out my blog you will see that I have added a new blog roll, but it wouldn't let me add your's. I don't know why. I wanted to tell you this in case you noticed your blog is not in that list. It gave me an error message. So, I have your blog on my sidebar all by yourself, lol.

oldcrow61 said...

The cake looks fabulous. Bet it tasted yummy.

Aisha said...

Oh, Jo! Thank you so much for sharing this! I want to write it down on my recipe book.

Peggy said...

that looks and sounds yummy! Think I will give it a try this weekend. Thanks for all you prayers and dearing comments.

K-Dubyah said...

Jo,

Here's a shortcut-, just use Pineapple supreme cake mix, but instead of using water in the mix, use the pineapple juice. YUM! I'll be making several of these in the next month. My two youngest b-days are in July and guess what kind of cake is their favorite....