Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Letters From Home

I received a special request from Kentucky Woman which I am passing along to everyone reading this. Below is a link from a Marines blog post. All that I ask, no more than what we all do every day. Please sit down and give maybe 10 minutes out of your day to write an e-mail to Marines who are in the Middle East. The same ones putting their lives on the line for each and everyone of us. No matter what your stand is on the war in Iraq, we all need to show our troops that we support them and are behind them all of the way. Just click here ->One Marine's View<- to get the info.

Thank you to Pea for the memento of Faerie Day. I hope if you haven't been to Pea's Corner before, that you will drop by and tell her hello. She'll make you feel right at home.


Before I close this post I want to share with you pictures of our new bird feeder that came to us from our friends Shirley and A.J. I think it is just about the best thing to come along since sliced bread. There is a mesh screen across the bottom of the seat that holds the seed. Shirley and A.J. came to visit last summer and they enjoyed watching our herds of birds while they were here. J.D. and A.J. worked together in Louisiana before they both retired. Great big thank yous for this wonderful gift that you made for us A.J. I might add the birds love it. They were perched on the swing filling their little tummies within 10 minutes of hanging it out. Now I am waiting for them to start singing, "Just A Swingin".

Have a great rest of the day! I've got a meat loaf to bake!! {{{yum}}}

9 comments:

Tracy said...

First off you made me hungry, thinks i need to make meatloaf soon! lol

Thank you jo for reminding us how important it is to remember our military. I shall sit down and do exactly that.

Your bird house is soooo awesome! I love that!

Hope you are having a wonderful day!

Anonymous said...

Your bird feeder is so cute!!
And thinking about meatloaf makes me want some!
Take care,
Diane

Anonymous said...

I love the bird feeder! And I love the idea of sending e-mails to our servicemen.

Aisha said...

Hi Jo, I sent an email to the marines :D. I feel sorry for them for being out there. It's just a hard place to be, dessert, the heat, the living condition, dust, etc. I can't imagine if Steven was there.. I won't let him go lol

The bird feeder is beautiful! I really like it! I love birds. They just really cute and makes you feel peaceful if you see one. Would love to have one like that.

Carole Burant said...

Happy Fairy Day to you dear Jo:-) I'm so glad you were able to come help me celebrate these delightful little faes!!

What a wonderful idea to email Marines who are in the Middle East...heaven knows they must miss being home and I'm sure letters would be deeply appreciated.

Omigosh that's the most adorable bird feeder I've ever seen! I'm sure the birdies love it too:-) xoxo

Betty said...

What a neat bird feeder. It looks like it's made so that the bird feed doesn't end up on the ground so easily. I like it.

Diane@Diane's Place said...

I'll have to check out that link to send emails to our soldiers.

That bird feeder is great! I love the idea to make it look like a swing.

And you done flung a cravin' on me for meatloaf! My hubby won't eat it so I rarely make it, especially just for me. Hope yours was good.

Have great Wednesday, Jo. :o)

Love and hugs,

Diane

Prixie said...

you alwys have such lovely pics up

K-Dubyah said...

Darling Jo,

Thank you so very much! I'm sure those Marines will appreciate the e-mails that get sent. I surely wish that I had unlimited funds to adopt each and every one of them. But since I don't, e-mails are free!

Love that bird feeder too!