Thursday, June 5, 2008

Birthdays and Cake



Saturday was Seth's 1st Birthday. I can hardly believe that this past year has gone by so fast. Poor little guy had a rough go of it the first few weeks that he was home from the hospital. They sent him home with jaundice and that meant that he had to go almost daily for blood work for about 2 weeks. There was more than once during this time that I wanted to give a couple of lab techs a piece of my mind for being so inept, but I bit my tongue and didn't say anything.



Melody made Seth's birthday cake, as well as a baseball cake just for Seth to dig into. Well, I am here to tell you that just didn't happen. We coaxed and pleaded with him to dig into that cake. We even gave him a spoon, but the best he would give us was one finger in the icing. Mama did a good job with this one, teaching him not to get dirty. I am thinking he needs a trip to Grandma and Grandpa's house for a day of playing in the dirt.


Now big brother Riley was a different story when he had his first birthday cake. As you can see, Riley didn't need any coaxing to get into his cake and devour it.

Alley Oop didn't have her own cake to make a mess with when she had her first birthday. She made up for it though by digging into Seth's cake when he was finished with it. Good work Sis.


HAPPY BIRTHDAY
to our
SWEET BABY BOY!

5 comments:

Connie said...

Will you look at that cake! How cute it is and the way
your grandson Riley is chowing it down is a riot.
You know it tastes better that way, too !
Jo, they are all sweet children!!

Carole Burant said...

Happy Birthday to Seth! What a precious one year old:-) When my boys were little, I always made a little cake just for them to get into...afterwards I use to have to practically dunk them upside down in the bath! lol What fun, though, to see them digging into the cake like that! xoxo

Diane@Diane's Place said...

Happy birthday to Seth! He's only a few weeks younger than my Emmy.

Now I want one of those rugged boy babies to go with Emmy. Then I'll have a matched set. :o)

xoxoxo

Diane

Aisha said...

Wow, you have a lot of birthday celebrations. I'll also have 3 celebrations this month. So cute when kids make a mess on their food. Lol

BClark said...

Great pictures and lovely memories, thank you so much for sharing. You brought smiles to my day, Barbara