Tuesday, February 2, 2010

In My Dream........


I am one of those people that does not know what it is like to get a good nights sleep. I am up and down most nights, all night long. Due to my failure to sleep through the night, I seldom ever dream. If I do dream, I seldom remember what I dreamed about. The other day I was having a bad fibromyalgia day and laid down and caught a little nap. I dreamed about Brittany receiving an award for her beautiful singing. She had been invited to the White House by the President to sing at a social gathering of famous politicians. We were so proud of her and were all trying to do what we could to get things ready for her trip to Washington D.C. and her performance at the White House. This way she could concentrate on practicing her music. I heard the hum of a sewing machine somewhere in the house and sought out the room that the sound was coming from. My mother died in 2001, I was so excited and filled with so much happiness when I saw her sitting at the sewing machine. She was creating a dress from the most beautiful fabric I had ever seen before in my life. The material was so light and flowing and the color was ever changing. Every time the fabric was moved or touched the color would fade from one color into another. Not only that, but all of the colors were complimentary to Brittany's complexion. I ask her where in the 'world' did she find such beautiful fabric and she said that it isn't of this 'world' and asked me where I thought it came from. I asked if it came from Heaven and she told me I was right. She said that our Brittany needed a dress as special as she is. It was about this time that I started to wake up. I didn't want to wake up, I wanted to stay with my mother a little while longer and I fought so hard to go back into my dream, but I woke up instead. It was such a wonderful visit and gave me such a peaceful feeling just to sit next to her once more and watch her skillful hands guide the fabric as she created the perfect dress for her great grand daughter. Hopefully some day I will find my way back to that place in my mind where dreams linger and happiness abides.

"If Winter comes, can Spring be far behind?"
~Percy Shelley

Well friends, it is official. Punxsutawney Phil woke to see his shadow and decided to go back to sleep for another 6 weeks. Don't shoot the messenger. Phil was just doing what he does best, letting us know that we need to wait a bit longer for Spring to come. I really can't see where I can complain about the delay of Spring's arrival. We had descent weather well into the month of December and January hasn't been nearly as harsh as it could have been and has been in past years. So I will reserve my right to complain for some other reason.

Wishing you all the blessings of sweet dreams.........

1 comment:

farmlady said...

Oh Jo, That was a wonderful dream. I'm so glad you got to see your Mother and talk to her. I don't really understand why we dream what we dream but it's part of us and so it's very real to us.
You should be so happy. Hope you have another.