Monday, March 22, 2010

Creating Memories.......


What a wonderful day yesterday was. All the favorite dishes for the birthday younguns was made. Michael complimented me on the dish that he asked for. I had never had it before and I thought it to be very tasty. The gumbo and fried chicken has become two of my dishes that is requested on a pretty regular basis. We even had a gumbo carry out request for a friend. I hope Melody remembered to take it with her. I always over cook for these get togethers. I had everyone divvy up the left overs and there was still enough left overs to take care of lunch and dinner for us today. After years of cooking extra in case someone came in while we were eating (which was more often than not), I have struggled to learn how to cook for just the two of us instead of for the two of us plus a few neighbors. You should pretty well figure that when I cook enough to serve 11 people that it will wind up being enough to feed a platoon of soldiers.

I think it would be wonderful if someday we could get all of the Yankee and Rebel children and grandchildren rounded up together at the same time. Can you imagine how much food I would cook up for a group that size?



This was the first time Paddy had met these relatives and I am happy to say that she fell in love with all of them. She managed to disappear on me when I had her outside and she had everyone outside searching for her. She had found an opening that was large enough for her to get under the deck. Everyone had their turn at loving on Paddy too and she loved it. When everyone was getting ready to leave, Michael was running after Paddy to get her to come back to the house. Every time he had her moving this way Seth would run too and herd her back toward Michael. We all had a full day. A day that ended with a feeling of peaceful happy contentment. Paddy was totally wore out. When everyone was gone she jumped up on the back of the couch and pretty much stayed there and slept until it was bedtime.

I am hoping that your week will be blessed with warmth and happiness.


2 comments:

Lib said...

Sounds like a fun day!
I've never learned to cook for 2. So put left overs in the freezer for another day.
Blessins',Lib

Anonymous said...

Thank you for a wonderful birthday celebration. Love you!