Friday, July 25, 2008

A Grandparent's Joy



Posted by Picasa

So many of you lifted little Caden up in prayers when he was life flighted to Dallas for surgery on a blocked intestine. We received pictures of him and his big sister, Miss Audrey yesterday and I wanted to introduce them to all of you. Miss Audrey is our first great grandchild and I think she was born with a smile on her face. She has been and still is probably one of the happiest good natured children in this world. Little Caden is the youngest great grandchild for now. Now that his food is able to do it's job, I think he is going to be a big boy. He has the same big beautiful eyes as his big sister. We haven't been to Texas yet to hold that sweet baby in our arms and to deliver some over due kisses and hugs from Miss Audrey. Hopefully after the first of the year we will be able to make the trip south. Even though J.D. loves our home here and the children and grandchildren here that love him so much, it is still difficult for him to be so far from his children, grands and great grands. I want to thank all of you again for those prayers that went up for Caden. Just a little secret about the pictures, you should be able to click on the mosaic to make the pictures larger.

Britt is performing as part of the pit orchestra at the restored Majestic Theater. This weekend will be the final performances so we will be attending tomorrow night. Hopefully we will be able to get some good pictures to share with you. Wishing all a blessed and safe weekend.


11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keep us updated on little Caden's progress. He is still in my prayers as all who need the prayers said for them. Hugs and God's Blessings.Mike G.said that.

farmlady said...

Glad to hear that Caden is doing so well.

What beautiful children! Bet you wish they lived closer.

Linds said...

It will be wonderful for you to visit and cuddle them, Jo. I love the photos - I see what you mean about being born with a smile on her face! I am so glad Caden is doing so well!

Aisha said...

These are really beautiful shots of your grandchildren, Jo! I love how you made them into a mosaic. :)

Lib said...

AWWWWWWWWWWWW......How sweet!
I am so Blessed my side of the Family only lives 3-8 miles away!Dh side is a different story, all are out of town or state.
Hope ya'll have a Blessed wk.end!
Blessins',Lib

Carole Burant said...

Awwwww such delightful pictures and how wonderful to see Caden thriving. Prayers do indeed work:-) Audrey is just adorable, such a sweet little face she has. I can well imagine how hard it is for you to be so far away from them...my sons live 5 and 6 hours away from me and that's far enough!!! Have a wonderful weekend dear Jo. xoxo

oldcrow61 said...

Aww, beautiful children Jo.

Juli said...

What beautiful little blessings !

Coming here always makes me smile :)

Gene Bach said...

Two of our daughters have moved out of the house and we have one left. It's diferent without them all here. Kind of lonely at times.

Shelley said...

They are beautiful children, Jo. How darling. What a blessing they must be. I wish I had grand kids (or even great grands) but my son and DIL aren't able to have them. I do have some nieces and nephews that I adore. Children are so much fun to "learn" from.

Have a great weekend!

Kate said...

Thank you Jo, I have had a lovely visit to your blog, - I look forward to visiting again, Cheers from Scotland - Love, Kate x.