Monday, January 24, 2011

Mosaic Monday


If we had no winter, the spring would not be so pleasant; if we did not sometimes taste of adversity, prosperity would not be so welcome.  ~Anne Bradstreet


After three months of being laid off and struggling with everything from the finances to finding another job, my daughter is once more gainfully employed. With a little networking, a few phone calls, an immediate interview and she was hired on the spot Friday and is starting her first day on a new job today. Our God is so Awesome. Lots of prayers went up and God's abundant love came pouring down. A huge amount of Thanks to all those that kept those prayers going up.

  May you be wrapped in a quilt of God's warm blessings until your springtime arrives.
  
Join me at the Little Red House to visit more blogs taking part in Mosaic Monday.

8 comments:

Lesley said...

a lovely chilly mosaic :)

Lorrie said...

What wonderful news for you and your daughter! Thanks to God.
Love the hint of spring in your mosaic - soon it will be a reality.

Lynn said...

What a lovely post, Jo! And you're so right ~ our God is an Awesome God! Congrats to your daughter. His timing is perfect but it's so hard to wait for Him sometimes. Glad it all worked out for your family. Thanks for visiting me at Cottage and Creek today.
Bless you ... Lynn

A Garden of Threads said...

Great news about your daughter. Love the mosaic.

Carolina Mountains said...

Great news for your daughter. Lovely blog and mosaic today.

farmlady said...

I'm so happy for your daughter. It took my youngest son almost two years to find another job after he was laid off from a health care provider in Sacramento. They had to give up their home, move and start over again.
This economy stinks. Life can really throw rocks sometimes.
I'm so thankful that we had my mother's house for them to live in and that things are getting back to normal. My little family had the faith that was needed to survive a rough couple of years and the ability to see ahead.
I'm still angry at a system that penalized hard working folks and gives money to people who don't work at all.
Thanks for the chance to whine.
You know I love ya,
Ellie Mae

Carole Burant said...

Yeahhhhh for your daughter:-) She must be sooo relieved to finally have found another job. Congratulations to her!!

Love your mosaic picture of your bird feeders, no doubt the birds are looking forward to Spring as well:-) xoxo

julia said...

I was just praying for her!!!! OH I'm so happy for her! Hugs and kisses all around!

I finally fixed my missing blog links at my blog and got you back on there. Yay!