Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Happy Birthday Alley Oop


HAPPY BIRTHDAY ALLEY OOP!


Posted by Picasa

Over the weekend we celebrated Alley Oops 14th birthday. With every birthday celebration I find myself forced to look at the fact that these grandchildren are growing in leaps and bounds. At the same time I find myself asking where are the years going? Oops theme for her party was a fiesta, complete with a Pinata, which worked for me, I love Mexican food. Melody made the cake and 'Chef-Boy-Ar-Chris' chipped in and added his touch to the main meal. We discovered that a Pinata can serve two purposes, Not only as a party game filled with lots of goodies, but also as a party hat for a goofy Dad and little brother.


This was the last picture of our B.R.A.T.s taken three years ago.
B.ritt~ R.iley~A.lley oop~T.bear
B.ritt~R.iley~A.lley oop~T.bear~S.eth

We seized the opportunity to catch this group together and get an updated photo of the B.R.A.T.S. As you can see none of them seemed to be really into having this picture taken.


As a final note, I just read Connie's newest post. The good news is that her mother is home, but in a fragile state. Please drop by 'Over Good Ground' and offer Connie some words of encouragement and hope.

Wishing you a blessed day.

9 comments:

farmlady said...

Hi Jo,
I'm glad to see a new post. I was worried; but you were just having fun. Hope Alley Oop had a wonderful birthday!

Thanks for the prayers and wishes for my Mom. You've been wonderful! and I have received lots of good thoughts and prayers from people that read your Special Prayers post...., and IT ALL HELPED.

Thank you for being the kind and lovely person that you are. Love, Connie

Mike Golch said...

Nice Party. ans I'm on my way over to Connie's to offer some moral support.
Oh by the way I have an award for you.it's called I love tyour blog.

Lib said...

Hi,
Nice party. THey just grow up too fast huh?
Hope you're having a good wk.
Blessins',Lib

Diane@Diane's Place said...

Looks like a good time was had by all. Happy Birthday to Alley Oop, and the cake was beautiful!

Good lookin' crop of grandkids you've got there. ;o)

I like the Jimi Hendrix quote you've added under your header. I didn't know he had it in him! ;o)


Happy Hump Day, Jo. Have a great rest of your week.

Love and hugs,

Diane

BClark said...

What a super day!! Beautiful children. I know what you mean about them growing, I am now a Great Grandma. Who, me????

Betty said...

Happy Birthday to Alley. Mexican food sounds good. I have had any of that in a long time. You're making me hungry.

Carole Burant said...

Happy Birthday to your granddaughter:-) Sounds like she had a fun celebration and I love the idea of a Mexican themed party, complete with pinata!! The years certainly do seem to be flying by...it seems the older I get, the fast they go by! xoxo

Eve said...

Do you alwats photograph them in B.R.A.T. order? Love it. They are so cute.

Tina Coruth said...

Jo,

With every grandchild's birthday, I wonder - why is time speeding by faster and faster! I love your BRATs and BRATS photos! There they go - another set of grandchildren growing faster than our eyes can track. Your grandchildren are beautiful. Looks like a wonderful party!

hugs,
Tina