Saturday, April 3, 2010

This And That Saturday




I had my appointment yesterday with the orthopedic surgeon. First there were x-rays taken of my knees and then a long wait in the examination room for the doctor to come in. When  my turn finally came around he didn't need to spend much time on looking at the x-rays to tell us that my knee is bone on bone and that I need a knee replacement of the left knee. From what the x-rays showed him the right knee won't be far behind. By having the left knee done now it may delay the need for  surgery on my right knee. So for right now we are waiting for a call that the surgery is scheduled (up to a 2 week wait), the surgery itself will follow ( a 3 to 6 week wait), I will be in the hospital for three days and the next day after surgery I will be up and moving as best as I can. As for the recovery time, we are looking at 6 to 8 weeks following the surgery before I can race Seth up and down the ridge and give him some real competition. The doctor asked if the pain in my knee was stopping me from doing things that I enjoy doing or need to do. I never really stop to list those things that I can not do any longer because of the knee pain. Thinking about them one at a time just didn't seem that bad, but it is quite another story when I list them in my mind. Angela (JD's youngest daughter) and Nick are living in Chicago now and that isn't really a long drive from here. We have been trying to pin point a good time to go visit. I don't want to miss the opportunity to go to the art museum while we are there. I am thinking that after I have finished my recovery will be great because I will be able to do the walking that a trip to the museum will require. There are so many things that I haven't been able to do for so long without having to deal with the pain during and after.....Well, I am a little excited about the possibilities that will be coming my way.
         
On our trip home from my appointment yesterday we saw people setting up their tables at the outdoor flea market. We decided that will be on our agenda for today. They have a big indoor flea market not too far from the outdoor one which we may or may not go to. The one indoors have higher prices on their stuff. I am thinking the reason for that is to cover the overhead of being inside where they have permanent booths and don't have to pack everything up come Sunday. I am looking forward to our little adventure today. J.D. enjoys the flea market as much as I do. How great is that? We are such a perfect match........


Wishing you a beautiful Easter Weekend!
 

3 comments:

violetlady said...

Happy Easter, Jo. The people I know who have had knee surgery are very happy with the results. I hope it all goes well for you. Loved your funny comment on my post about being stranded in England. So far, so good.

Mountain Mama said...

I pray the knee surgery goes well and you recoup faster than expected. It's so hard to be down, especially this time of year.
Have a blessed Resurrection Day.

Edie Marie's Attic said...

Hi Jo!

My neighbor just went through having both knees replaced this past year and she is sooo happy she did it. She also worked on losing weight to help her knees and she is really on the move now! I just talked to her yesterday as she was crawling around planting flowers. Your life will be renewed Jo!! Prayers will be coming your way - keep us posted!

Happy Easter friend! Sherry