Saturday, November 14, 2009

World Diabetes Day


That's right, it is World Diabetes Day once more. Seems like only yesterday the world was turning on Blue lights in recognition of World Diabetes Day. This year we will be doing the Big Blue Test to bring Diabetes into the light on World Diabetes Day. You can learn more about what the Big Blue Test is all about by visiting TuDiabetes. After visiting TuDiabetes and learning about the "Big Blue Test" initiative, you won't be baffled when you start seeing all these numbers popping up on Blogs, Twitter and Facebook.
November being Diabetes Month and also the month of offering thanks, I would like to show appreciation to the encouragement and support that I receive from family, friends and the diabetes groups that I belong to on a daily basis. There are so many web sites out there that have brought diabetes out of the darkness and into the light with answers to questions that we as diabetics struggled to find the answers to just a decade ago. I love to sing the praises of AmMed Direct every cahnce that I get. They have been a God send to me. Before AmMed Direct came into my life my test strips were costing $65.00 and up for a 1 month supply. I am sure that I was not alone when I say that I tested as little as possible to make those test strips go as far as possible. As a result, my diabetes was out of control and stayed that way. Since Am Med Direct came into my life my test strips arrive at my door in regular intervals at no cost to me. I no longer have to limit my testing and what a difference it makes in controlling my numbers. I am now better able to identify what foods I have to be careful with, as well as what activities are going to affect my numbers. I have been able to learn the good carbs from the bad ones by testing regularly and often. Thank you AmMed Direct, you are all a great bunch of caring people. Please pay them a visit and see if they can assist you too. I wouldn't leave Accu-chek out of my praises for any reason. They truly lift me up. When was the last time you went to a store and looked at the tags to see where the merchandise you are buying comes from? We do this pretty regularly. Accu-chek still make their meters and test strips right here in the USA. They make a good product that I trust and the fact that it is made right here is just frosting on the cake as far as I am concerned.


OK, here are my "Big Blue Test" results. My start reading was 129 followed by a trip to the mail box and a walk around the yard with Buddy by my side. Might not sound like a much, and you would be right about the walk to the back of the 2 1/2 acres that we have cleared, but the walk back is all uphill (and I did walk down hill even if I was tempted to roll down). I didn't get the full 14 minutes in though because my arthritis reared it's ugly head and the pain convinced me to stop. My second reading was at 125 which all things considered, I am satisfied with.
Blessings to all and keep checking those numbers......................

2 comments:

Prixie said...

i like your pics!

people do not take diabetes seriously. thanks for highlighting an important issue

Carole Burant said...

It seems so many people are diabetic these days, I don't know if it's the lifestyle or our way of eating but 6 our of 10 people I know have diabetes! I'm so glad to hear that you're now able to control your blood sugar more regularly. Take care of YOU!! xoxo