Saturday, January 17, 2009

Hey It's Good To Be Back Home Again......


Yes, we are home again and it sure was good to see our mountain ridge and our home sitting here waiting patiently for our return. We were welcomed with subzero temperatures and snow, but that is OK too. There just isn't any place like home. As I promised you, a collage of the Jesus monument at the Paris, Texas cemetery. As you can see, Jesus is wearing cowboy boots. I am sure that if you question most Texans, they would be more than willing to tell you that, not only did Jesus wear cowboy boots, he was a Texan as well and was a Shepherd of cattle, not sheep. Just an interesting tidbit about this cemetery other then the monument of Jesus sporting those cowboy boots is that the population of people buried there is greater than the population of people living in Paris, Texas.
The kids were out for a snow day yesterday, so Chris and Riley made plans to go to a movie matinee. They came out for breakfast before running errands and going to the movie. Riley had all kinds of good hugs for us. That was the best way I could think of to say that we were missed. Not only that, but he cleaned his plate better than a dishwasher could. I love to see these children have a good appetite when they eat.
I hope all is well with everyone and your New Year started out good. I will be adding more in the next few days along with pictures.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hip-Hip Horay ! You're back. Safe and sound with stories and pictures to share. Sharing the love...Love Jesus in Cowboy boots ! Love the music too. Welcome back. Blessings, Nanna

Diane@Diane's Place said...

Welcome home, Jo and JD! Glad y'all had a good visit and a safe trip both ways, but you're right: there's no place like HOME!

Have a great weekend, my friend. :o)

Love and hugs,

Diane

Diane@Diane's Place said...

PS: Jo, I really like your Facebook widget and would like one for my blog but can't find where to get one. Could you send me the info so I can add one to my sidebar?

Thank you in advance! :o)

xoxoxo

Diane

Jess said...

Welcome back! SO glad that your travels were safe, and that you had a good time. Hope you have a wonderful weekend, and will catch up with you after you unpack!

Love, Jess

Lanny said...

Yeah, your back! I was excited to see your place lit up on the street (list on reader) again!

Mary said...

I'm glad you are home safe and sound. Love the statue of Jesus with the cowboys boots. It's interesting that there's more people in the cemetery than in the current population. If I ever get to Texas, maybe I can visit Paris. Sounds like a quaint little town.

Take care. Looking forward to more photos of your trip.

Blessings,
Mary

Mike Golch said...

glad you are back home.and now I'm gonna have that song running thru my head the rest of the night. Hugs to you and JD.

Linds said...

Welcome home!!! And great to see you on Facebook too! And we won't even start on John Denver. The music takes me back to my youth. Ah the memories!

Juli said...

I'm glad you're home Jo !

I imagine Jesus smiles everytime he sees himself in cowboy boots :)

and it always makes me happy to see people eat well too.