Friday, February 13, 2009

TGIF.......


Where did the week go? It seems as if a month has passed since I posted last. On Wednesday I finally made it to my routine doctor's appointment that I have been trying to get to for the past three weeks. Due to ice and snow storms I had to reschedule it two times. My blood work results for the HDL and LDL was within 1 to 3 mg/dl of where it should be and the triglyceride was high by 23 mg/dl. A 173 mg/dl result for triglycerides is great progress for me, because in the past it has been considerably higher. Of course the A1C results for my diabetes was 8.6% which is a bit on the high side, the average being 4.4 to 6.3%. That leaves me with the Vitamin D test, which is still showing a deficiency. So I am back on the Vitamin D medication and increasing the insulin. I will be trying my best to make some improvement in the next three months.



We ran a few errands on the way home, one of which was looking for a percolator that we could use on the wood stove to make our coffee when the electric goes out. We have been in search of one of these since the last power outage during the ice storm. Super K-Mart carries them if anyone else is looking. It was getting very close to supper time by the time we headed for the mountain. We decided to just buy something that didn't require cooking. The winds were picking up when we pulled into the driveway and the sky opened up with the rain. I did a quick check of my e-mail and started to answer one when the lights flickered off and back on. I lost what I had written of course. I tried again and once more the lights went off and back on. I gave up on the e-mail and decided to go ahead and shut the computer down. Just as we were sitting down to eat dinner the lights went off for good. We ended up with a candle light dinner. The next morning we had wonderful coffee perked in our new coffee pot. We got our electric back about noon yesterday. They reported on the news last night that some areas won't be getting their electric back until Sunday. That storm was a bad one. We were fortunate and didn't suffer any damages. I am normally pretty calm when we have strong winds, but these winds were the strongest we have had since we have lived here and they were very loud. Even in the dark when I looked outside I could see the sky. There were several times that I went to the window to look for a funnel cloud because the winds were so loud and forceful. I realize that the wind sounded so loud because of all of the trees that are around us. Reguardless, I was scared and I said plenty of prayers. Even if I don't know where the week went,I am glad that it is over. Thank God It's Friday and we made it through another week! Have a safe and happy Valentine weekend!


3 comments:

Edie Marie's Attic said...

Hi Jo!
My D level has been down also and am taking prescription Vitamin D. I think it was causing problems with my muscles. Hope your treatments help you feel better.
Happy Valentine's Day Jo!
hugs, Sherry

Nothin like a good cup of perked coffee is there?

Diane@Diane's Place said...

I need to make several drs. appointments, including with my diabetes counselor. My sugar is doing pretty good but I'm still having those issues with the metformin. Ugh. I think I'm gonna ask about changing to something else.

That storm blew through here in the wee hours of Wednesday morning. We didn't have any damage, but several others in our area were without power again due to more trees and limbs coming down.

Of course our power was off all day Wed. because the linemen turned it off to do more repairs and put more customers back online. Annoying but necessary, and I'm so thankful that my power back on for the most part, never mind the planned outages for continued repairs.

Hope you have a great weekend, Jo. :o)

Love and hugs,

Diane

Laura ~Peach~ said...

the very best most wonderful and best working vit D i have found is DRY vit D ... lable reads D3-50 is 50,000 Iu per pill and I get it on line at vitalady.com check her out shes got the best vites and minerals and excellent service... my vit D was 32 is now way up rx's were not working because they were oil based and the DRY is just absorbed better for me.
Hugs